Tuesday, August 12, 2014

beachcombing

This summer I have been looking at an intriguing book of the history of the swimming costume, I found the 1920’s particularly interesting, and it got me thinking of how to incorporate the figure in a seaside setting into one of my compositions, not easy I am thinking.    
sketch book ideas
    
bathing belle oil on board
                     
Recently I spent the morning at my  local beach,
visual diary
and have been working on my sketch books.
 I have now put the idea into the back of my mind to slowly churn over as a possible painting, and will work on some working drawings in my studio soon.  I painted this little oil to start the process going.  But I am now working on a flower painting at the moment, which is taking all my time up, working from life is always so demanding .. takes over everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment